Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When people say…

When we were younger, we used to listen to everything that the older folks tell us. “Do not play outside when it’s hot.”, “Do not take a bath immediately after returning home from the playground.” and “Do not go to bed immediately after a meal.” We obediently listened and obeyed without raising the question why.

When we were younger, we always look up to our parents or the people around us for guidance or affirmations on the things we do daily. The smiles were wide and the sense of pride ran deep in our hearts when compliments were given over things we did based on the guidance given.

However, as we get older, we tend not to listen well and because of that, we tend to get hurt time and time again. Somehow, as we are older, we felt that it is not important to listen to other people’s guidance, advice or opinions. We often felt that we are well equipped and strong enough to go through life without them.

I fell for a guy. Over the years, people around me kept saying (either subtly or to my face) that he is not the right one but I choose to ignore them. How would they know? They didn’t know him. They didn’t spent time with him like I did. They didn’t talk to him as much as I did. So, how would they know he’s not the right one?

But today, with my head held up high, I face the reality. I felt a tug in my heart telling me that whatever dream that I once had about us is never going to be a reality. And although it pains me, it is really time for me to move on. I harbor no bad feelings towards him as he had never said or promised me anything. It was just the plain silly, romantic and sentimental old me that went beyond what it really was.

As I am a firm believer of everything happens for a reason – this one tells me that HE has better plan in place for me...

1 comment:

Nisyah said...

Yang penting...."open your heart"....Insya Allah....i will always pray for your happiness....