Tuesday, October 21, 2008

KIMI


I have always love cats. In the past, we always had stray cats around the house but we never took them in. Last year, we took in our neighbour’s kittens after their mummy died of a tragic death. Sadly, one of the kittens also died about a week later. We buried him in front of the house. Adik even shed a tear for the poor soul, as she was the one who nursed the sick kitten. The surviving kitten, we named him Kimi. Oh, how we all loved that cat. He was very handsome and smart too. We also took him everywhere in the car. He would be restless at first but once he gets motion sickness, he will just doze off.

I remember, one night while Adik was playing with him, he suddenly looked weak and looked as if he could not breathe. So, we drove all the way to the animal clinic in Jalan Pahang for an emergency check up! After taking a jab from the Dr, he was all fine again.

I could also still picture him running down the small hill in front of my house whenever I call upon him in the evenings. He would emerge out of the bushes and you would spot his orange head, first!

Our neighbor also loved him. Some days, Uncle Mansor would take him and played with him for a bit. Kimi also used to hang around in Uncle Mansor’s house. He would walk up and down the stairs as if it was his house too. Well, that was until his wife closed the door on Kimi! I guess she was not too fancy over this furry animal.

Kimi went walking one evening in April and never came back. That morning, before going to work, I held him for a while and when I put him down and said goodbye, he stared at me until I closed the door between us. Maybe he was saying his goodbye to me then.

We prayed for his safe return. We looked for him everywhere. I made flyers and distibuted it around the neighborhood. Sadly, we had no luck. It was just as if he had walked off from the face of this earth. To us, even if we only found his body, we would be grateful. At least we could give him a proper burial he rightly deserved and we would have our closure.

So, even though I have 2 new cats today (will write about them later), at times, I still think of Kimi. He was just special to us. He gave us much laughter and happiness. I hope we will meet again in the world after. Insyallah..

1 comment:

Sathiya said...

dont worry sue .. he will be back with gods will ... i know how sweet n adorable he was .. how he loves to smell the kids whn the come over .. n even play with them.