Sunday, October 19, 2008

When The Chef Is Out

I am not much of a cook. All my dear friends could attest to that. But, although I hardly ever cooked in the past, these days I will try to cook whenever the kitchen is available. After all, an amateur like me cannot really cook when the master chef aka my mom is around, right?

So today, as I had the house to myself, I planned to cook. Nothing fancy (amateur, remember?), I was planning to make chicken stew and fish sambal. Therefore, after I surf the net for the recipe, I went to the sundry shop to get all the ingredients.

The result? I would say I am satisfied with my sambal but my chicken stew became chicken soup instead!! Hahaha… The very clever old me, defies the recipe instruction to add 2 cups of water to the mix and instead I added 4 cups! So of course, my stew became soup! However, it tasted great - to me la … Let’s wait for the verdict from the rest, later, ok?

Lesson learnt, I need to stick to the recipe and do not be a smart ass! :p

1 comment:

Nisyah said...

lho...kenapa tak panggil aku for lunch...ish ish ish...