Thursday, October 16, 2008

Be Thankful

As humans, we often take life for granted. Due to our busy life, we go about doing our business almost like the emotionless robot. We often fail to appreciate the small things in life and we tend to forget to be thankful for what we have. When we do sit to enjoy the fruits of our success, we often felt that it is a direct result of our years of hard work.

However, do we ever think of those angels who had helped and supported us along the way? Do we ever thank them for it? Do we even remember their names?

I have been very blessed throughout my working life. At 19, my first job was as an accounts clerk at Johnson & Johnson Medical. As the youngest one there, I had many mentors who thought me the ropes. I learned how to do basic accounting, how to write or print cheques, how to correctly converse with customers and many more. Most importantly, I learn how do use the computer.

When I started working with Mesiniaga in 1995, I had to use the typewriter to issue out the company’s purchase orders. As it was the first time for me to use it, I spoilt so many copies of the forms initially. It was a carbon copy form, so I had to use a new form each time I made an mistake in typing. I was so afraid of loosing my job over this.:-)

The past 16 years has been a wonderful journey.

Looking back, I could see an 18-year-old girl holding her SPM results standing at the bus stop in front of her school, wondering what to do next. The one thing I can tell you now is that never in a million years would she dare to dream of achieving as much as she has today.

Therefore, I am truly thankful for all the guidance and help that I got along the way. I learned valuable work as well as life lessons. I made some life long friendships too.

For these gifts, I am thankful to Allah for all His blessing and I am thankful to everyone who had helped me along the way.

No comments: