Sunday, October 5, 2008

This Hari Raya

This is the first raya where we celebrated without one of my sisters. Kakak who got married in May had to celebrate Raya in JB as her hubby is put on stand by by the arm forces. It felt kind of strange to me and I am sure the whole family felt it too.

This is also the first raya where we didn't make any baju raya for ourselves. The plan was to wear our cream coloured kurung which we made for Kakak's wedding. Even though I was fine with it before but when the actual day came, it just felt weird to me.

We also broke one of the family traditions - we didn't take any family raya photos..

That's why this raya feels a bit off for me..

Hopefully, in the next 25 days to come, it will get better..


Everything happens for a reason - this one tells me to make sure I have a new baju kurung for Hari Raya - no matter what! hehe...

No comments: