Monday, October 20, 2008

Act of Selfishness

A friend shared a problem with me today. One of his girl friends is pregnant and the father of the child refuses to marry her. So I asked, why does this man refuse to marry? Well, she is not the type he is looking for and my friend commented that these two are just wrong for each other.

My friend questioned me on what good is it to marry someone you do not love. "It is just a perfect recipe for disaster" he said. “Cause it would be a responsible thing to do”, I said. “Even to be divorce later?” he asked. Well, who are we to say that it will get to that? We do not know of God’s plan. We cannot predict the future. We are mere mortals. We are not God.

Later, I found out that she does not want to marry him either. So go figure! All my aggravation was for nothing!

Apparently, these two people know each other for along time. This act of screwing around is a normal habit for them. Astaghfirullah. Then, all I say is that this could be a wake up call from God Al Mighty for these two morons.

She wants to abort the pregnancy while he promised he would support the kid financially to save the pregnancy. To him, as long as he is willing to support her financially, there shouldn't be any reason for her to abort the pregnancy. What a joke, I quietly said to myself. These two are purely selfish in their actions. I wonder how they could both sleep at night. Could she sleep after she aborted the pregnancy knowing that she terminated a life or could he, knowing that he has fathered a child out of wedlock?

Anyway, yesterday a friend commented on an article she read about a father who raped his own daughter. That is another act of selfishness. How a father could force himself on his own flesh? This is sheer devil in action.

If only human beings could stop and think of the repercussions of their selfish actions, this world would be a much better place to live in. Oh, they should not forget about the world hereafter. Everything you do in this world will come back to haunt you in the afterworld. Nothing escapes God Al Mighty.

No comments: