Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Withdrawal Symptoms


These few days, I am experiencing a double whammy...

First, it is with my mom. Although we speak on the phone many times everyday but not having her physically here is somewhat weird. This is the first time that she has been away for long. As I never went away for study, I have always been home with her. Therefore, it is somewhat weird not having her around. Hmmm…

Secondly, it is with a friend. We chatted almost everyday for the past 5 years and suddenly we just stopped. Why did we stop? Well, let us just say that in my effort to put my happiness first before others – this is something that I need to do. However, as the execution was done ‘ala cold turkey’, I am feeling somewhat weird too.. Hmm….

What do I learn from these? For the first, I am appreciating my mom more and I must strive to be a filial daughter. As for the second, I need to be strong and believe that God has greater plans for me.

No comments: