Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Time In The Kitchen


With mom being away, my sisters and I suddenly became very good citizens of the kitchen. The kitchen is my mom’s royal kingdom; hence sharing it with her when she is around can sometimes be very trying for us the slow and humble citizens.

Therefore, while her ‘royal highness’ is away; we tried our hands at cooking and baking. Nothing fancy, we cooked simple dishes. My first few tries went down well but last Saturday, I baked macaroni and it was tasteless. On Sunday, I made fried rice and the rice was soft so it becomes very clumpy. Ha-ha...

We also tried our hands at baking. Since Adik’s birthday was in a couple of days, we made cup cakes. I tried on two recipes. One for Chocolate Almond, which turn out well; and the other was Vanilla, which shrunk the minute we took it out of the oven! My baby sister did the deco on the cake as I am useless at decorating. I shall post the photo later as it is still in my sister’s hand phone. It was pretty good for amateurs like us. Oh and for that, we got a Secret Recipe’s Chocolate Indulgence cake today. Not a bad trade, right?

Anyways, this two days being a working day, we are taking a rest from the kitchen except for breakfast time (you will hear me at 630am for that!) Besides, my dear sisters sure look a lot happier and satisfied when we eat out!! Chiss!

Ok, Ok, I get it. This means that I need a lot of practice, right? :-)

No comments: